About this Tour
• Visit Tram Chim National Park, one of four Ramsar sites in Vietnam - which is noted for its rare red-headed cranes (Grus Antigone), a species listed in the IUCN Red List.
• Experience a collective eco-system of geomorphology, hydrography and underwater creatures in Ramsar wetland by a solar-powered boat.
• Join a lot of activities such as visiting local traditional handicraft workshops, learning to make water hyacinth product (optional), fishing and rowing on a lotus field.
• Enjoy local products made out of lotus such as milk, lotus seeds soup (chè sen).
• Get yourself active by using eco-friendly vehicles such as bicycle or hand-rowing boat inside Tram Chim National Park.
08:00 You will be picked up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City then transferred to Tram Chim National Park, Dong Thap Province. Stop en route to get a taste of Vietnam’s traditional coffee.
11:30 Arrive at Tram Chim National Park, learn about a general info of the reserve.
12:00 Enjoy Vietnamese lunch with a lot of local delicacies.
13:30 In the afternoon, embark on a solar-powered boat to visit Tram Chim National Park – one of four Ramsar sites in Vietnam (an international treaty for the conservation and sustainable use of wetlands). Here, you will be introduced a wide range of animals, birds and plants in Southern Vietnam. Some bird species have been put in the Red Book for a long time. The most well-known one is the Red-headed Crane which is considered as one of the last 15 crane species in the world. After that, you continue to experience a distinct eco-system of the national park by a self-rowing boat then walk through the trails deep inside the reserve.
16:00 Join a local traditional handicraft workshop and learn to make water hyacinth product (optional).
16:30 - 17:30 Visit a local family to engage in conversation with them and enjoy the local products made out of lotus such as milk, lotus seeds soup (chè sen) then join in some local activities such as rowing and fishing on a lotus field.
17:30 Get back to Ho Chi Minh City.
20:30 Arrive in HCMC.